VA Center for Clinical Management Research
Below are links to PubMed entries and press releases regarding recent featured publications.
- Abraham K, Ganoczy D, Yosef M, Resnick S, and Zivin K. Receipt of employment services among VA users with psychiatric diagnoses. Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development 2014;51(3):401-14 Press Release PubMed Entry*
- Adams M, Parikh P, Miller K, Rubenstein J. Medical professional liability claims related to esophageal cancer screening. JAMA 2014;312(13):1348-1349. Press Release PubMed Entry*
- Aikens J, Zivin K, Trivedi R, Piette J. Diabetes self-management support using mHealth and enhanced informal caregiving. J Diabetes Complications. 2014 Mar;28(2):171-6. Press Release PubMed Entry*
- Chopra V, Ratz D, Kuhn L, Lopus T, Chenoweth C, Krein S. PICC-associated bloodstream infections: prevalence, patterns, and predictors. Am J Med. 2014 Apr;127(4):319-28. Press Release PubMed Entry*
- Chang T, Gossa W, Sharp A, Rowe Z, Kohatsu L, Cobb EM, Heisler M. Text messaging as a community‐based survey tool: a pilot study. BMC Public Health 2014;14:936. Press Release PubMed Entry*
- Cooke C, Iwashyna T. Sepsis mandates: improving inpatient care while advancing quality improvement. JAMA 2014;312(14):1397-1398. Press Release PubMed Entry*
- Hawley S, Jagsi R, Morrow M, Janz N, Hamilton A, Graff J, Katz S. Social and clinical determinants of contralateral prophylactic mastectomy. JAMA Surg. 2014 May 21. Press Release PubMed Entry*
- Larson E, Yaffe K, Langa K. New insights into the dementia epidemic. N Engl J Med. 2013 Dec 12;369(24):2275-7. Press Release, PubMed Entry*
- Levine D, Langa K, Rogers M. Acute infection contributes to racial disparities in stroke mortality. Neurology. 2014 Mar 18;82(11):914-21. Press Release PubMed Entry*
- Piette J, Sussman J, Pfeiffer P, Silveira M, Singh S, Lavieri M. Maximizing the value of mobile health monitoring by avoiding redundant patient reports: prediction of depression-related symptoms and adherence problems in automated health assessments. J Med Internet Res. 2013 Jul 5. Press Release PubMed Entry*
- Rosland A, Piette J, Lyles C, Parker M, Moffet H, Adler N, Schillinger D, Karter A. Social support and lifestyle vs. medical diabetes self-management in the Diabetes Study of Northern California (DISTANCE). Ann Behav Med. 2014 May 3. Press Release PubMed Entry*
- Saini S, Vijan S, Schoenfeld P, Powell A, Moser S, Kerr E. The role of quality measurement in inappropriate use of colorectal cancer screening: a retrospective cohort study. BMJ February 26, 2014;348. Press Release PubMed Entry*
- Sussman J, Vijan S, Hayward R Using benefit-based tailored treatment to improve the use of antihypertensive medications. Circulation. 2013 Nov 19;128(21):2309-17. Press Release PubMed Entry*
- Vijan S, Sussman J, Yudkin J, and Hayward R. Effect of patients' risks and preferences on health gains with plasma glucose level lowering in type 2 diabetes mellitus. JAMA Internal Medicine, 30 June 2014. Press Release PubMed Entry*
Click here for a list of April-June 2017 publications.
Click here for a list of January-March 2017 publications.
Click here for a complete list of 2016 publications.
Click here for a complete list of 2015 publications.
Click here for findings highlighted in the 2014 CCMR Annual Report.
Click here for a complete list of 2013 publications and presentations.
* The Department of Veterans Affairs does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of these linked websites.